Sunday, January 15, 2017

An Unforgettable Night & A Blogging Promise

Hi all! So I've mentioned the craziness of my life lately- not only am I too busy to properly focus on submission, but I have absolutely no time left to process the intensity and complexities of a DD marriage. Out of necessity I have learned to simply process less, but doing so leaves me, as Bruce simply puts it, "fussier." He knows that blogging helps me emotionally, but he also knows that there is so little time left at the end of the day that it is hard to pull my laptop out and center myself to do it.

So at Christmas he found a solution: he bought me a really nice keyboard for my iPad, with the promise of establishing a blogging "plan" with me. Two weeks ago today here's what he decided: Sundays are Bruce's guy nights- he games or nerds out on sports, and I collapse onto the portable mattress by the fireplace to do some online shopping or catch up on a show he'd never watch, usually falling asleep within an hour or so whether I want to or not. So the plan is that I use this time to blog, and every other Sunday, ready or not, I have to post something. Throwing together a post over the course of a sleepy hour or two isn't really my writing style, but as Bruce reminds me it's better than just not doing it. He says it's on a trial basis at the moment, and in February we will determine if it is something to enforce long term. He also promised there will be very unpleasant consequences if it doesn't happen, so here goes. It may not be pretty, but ready or not I will be posting this tonight!

Now for the Impending Doom part: when we started this lifestyle Bruce informed me that I would not receive advanced notice for any maintenance or formal punishment spankings. It is a ridiculous understatement to say I am a planner, so I hated this. But that's why he did it, and that's what I love most about our dynamic; he keeps it authentic by doing what he truly believes is best for me, even if it's something that I disagree with.

Nonetheless, a week or so ago he announced in the morning that a serious punishment spanking would take place that evening. Wow do I actually love not knowing ahead of time! I was over the top nervous by the end of the night, but I must admit that my head was in a way better place having gone through the mental anguish-I-mean-preparation of knowing it was coming all day. So after that night he decided that occasionally he would give me advanced notice, and a few days ago he did just that. We were planning to do dinner and a movie sans baby, and he told me in the car well before noon that I should expect a severe spanking by the end of the night- partially maintenance, and partially accumulation of several instances of poor submission. Again I stressed all day; his hard spankings are seriously awful, awful enough that the dread overshadowed even the likelihood that we would reconnect afterward.

But through the dread I dutifully meditated on how much more submissive I wish to be, and by evening I knew that I more than deserved what was coming, and I committed to staying still during the punishment to punctuate my contrition. Of course I was also desperately nervous! When the evening wound down and the time finally came he made sure to give me a thorough warm-up, and graciously eased me in with the paddle. Eventually the strikes were hard enough that I was crying out, but I stayed almost perfectly still, which he loves although he never expects it. In between sets of strikes he lectured me, and wow was his lecture good. He talked about the importance of submission; how I need to not questioning his decision making, and that I need to remember how much he loves the family and takes his responsibility to lead seriously- that one really got me crying. Between sentences he would give me several hard strikes, and more than once I felt an urgency for it to stop, but every time he just kept going. After what felt like a very long time he paused and caressed my burning backside. He gently explained that it wasn't over yet, but he acknowledged that I was incredibly sore, and said he was very proud of my stillness. When he resumed the spanking he began mixing pleasure with pain, and the tone of his lecture became more affectionate... he needs me to trust him because he loves me so much... he would do anything for me... he will always take care of me... well after I couldn't take anymore he finally finished as I lay over his lap sobbing, emotionally and physically utterly exhausted. He laid down the paddle and initiated intimacy. I love this moment in the whole process so much- not only is the spanking over, but he is pleased enough with me that he desires to take me and to reconnect with me again. Although it was definitely rough the intensity was mixed with a sort of affectionate touch that is hard to explain other than to say that it felt deliciously loving.

Afterward we lay together and I relished the fantastic exchange we'd just had. A lot of times he and I handle DD more poorly than I'd like to admit; we get lost in ourselves and forget to put the other first. A lot of times the most important parts of leadership and submission are absent, and although the frustration doesn't escalate like it did pre-DD, it is still sometimes the most prevalent feeling remaining. But not this time. This was one of the times we got it right. One of the times I need to read back through and remember in the times when things aren't working so well. But for now I will savor the glow that still remains from that night. For now he is leading and I am submitting, and we are enjoying a feeling of trust and love and affection that makes the harder times so completely and undeniably worthwhile.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Kate...happy to see you posting and in such a positive frame of mind. I think Bruce has the right idea. Don't know if you following Katie over at This Whole Thing, but she made a point in her last post about how looking back at her blog is like a diary of their journey. Hope you continue posting on a regular basis.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, thank you for the comment and support. I've not seen Katie's blog, but I will have to check it out. Yes, I do see it as a kind of diary, so it makes sense to keep up on it no matter what. He's pretty serious about the every other Sunday thing so I'm thinking I really will be posting much more regularly now!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet post and the best kind of reconnection.
    Mignon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best kind of reconnection indeed. Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well put- investing in them should do exactly that. So here goes! Thanks for the well wishes in posting regularly!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kate!
    Glad to hear from you and that you are happy!
    I'm looking forward to read more often from your blog and wish you good luck to post every week. :) hugs Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading Bibi! Thankfully he only committed me to every other week for now though. Baby steps, right? I'm looking forward to posting more regularly too :)

    ReplyDelete